Friday, December 02, 2005

Another Birthday Has Passed...

Well I got through my birthday yesterday unscathed. I haven't celebrated a big ta-da for my birthday in years. The yearly thing has been basically like take-out or delivery, it can be pizza, Chinese, Thai, Barbeque or even Filipino food. We don't cook Filipino food often or rather any specialty Filipino foods so it can be picked up here or there.

My Sister Jo decided to work half day today to pick up some Filipino food this time and we decided to try some Red-Velvet Cake. Unfortunately, when she got home from doing all the little errands in preparation for dinner she was soaked to the bone. It has been pouring all day and, it just seems to be the perfect timing too, when she just pulled up, a sudden harsh down pour came about steady for 10 minutes while she was unloading.

Just one trip from car to pass it on to me at the gate the back of her shirt was clinging to her like skin! Well we quickly got inside and first thing she said was, "I am sorry, I am going to change then head to bed, I have got a headache and feel so sick". I felt awful for her, she said wake her in about an hour and a half, she was up at that time only to relieve her queasiness.

Again she apologized and asked if I could clean up the mess and said she wish she could keep me company. She insisted that I go ahead and eat and not wait for her because she didn't think she will be eating. My Niece Charlotte and her kids finally confirmed that they are coming over and they spent the evening with me. After dinner, we tried the Red Velvet Cake.... now I expected more from this cake, I don't know if it was the bakery that made it or maybe there was no biggie about Red Velvet cake?

The whole excitement of the day was that my Christmas decorations arrived, we haven't decorated in a couple of years, our house sort of lost the spirit of decorating, and my Niece's kids weren't able to decorate at their new place this year so they were more than happy to decorate my little 2 foot pre-lit tree.

I bought a little tree because we just don't have the room anymore to display our usual 5-6 ft fresh tree and it has become a hassle for us, though I would have love to have that pine tree smell in the home. I had visitors earlier in the day and had phone calls and eCards. I had a busier day than I expected and I was happy on my birthday for once because I had caring people to share it with. IT T'WAS A GOOD DAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home